User testing is recognized as a usefull dimension of user experience design. In the field of data visualization, user testing can be a tricky but necessary challenge, as it involves testing new forms of interaction and communication. We want to discuss the limit and the impact of user testing in data-visualisation and share lessons-learned.
In this talk, we will discuss:
- Why is user testing important in data-visualisation?
- Why is it hard to test data-visualisation interfaces?
- How to perform appropriate user tests?
- What is the impact of user testing on a project?
Participants will learn :
- What can be expected from user testing in data-visualisation
- What can be tested, and what can not be tested
- Common mistake that can be avoided thanks to user testing
- Concrete examples of questions and test scenarios
- Concrete examples of interface mockups before and after user testing.